KISS – New Studio Album!

Musik, die nichts mit Queen und Co. zu tun hat.

Moderator: Andreas Streng

queenrocks
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven
KISS – New Studio Album!

Beitrag von queenrocks »

KISS haben ein brandneues Studio Album aufgenommen!
Das Album wird 11 neue Songs beinhalten und jeder Member singt Lead Vocals (auch Eric Singer und Tommy Thayer singen je bei einem Song Lead Vocals!). Der Titel des Albums wird derzeit noch nicht verraten…

Einige Stellungnahmen von KISS:

You Wanted The Best ?
Well the wait is almost over...

Eleven songs. Eleven winners.
This IS KISS. Classic KISS.

Maybe the best record we've done in 30 years.

It don´t get any better than that!
The sound kicks my ass
Can't wait for you to hear it... You're gonna LOVE it!

No ballads, no slow songs, no filler...
Just pure straight ahead Rock and Roll that has all the elements that made you love KISS from day one.

Believe me the wait IS over and well worth it !

Na, klingt das nicht vielversprechend ….?
Meine Vorfreude ist riesig! :D :D :D

YOU WANTED THE BEST?
YOU GOT THE BEST!

MESSAGES FROM KISS

MESSAGE FROM PAUL

THIS IS KISS. CLASSIC KISS!

If you been reading KISSONLINE, it's no surprise to you now. We ARE done recording our new album.

What might well be a surprise is that at the least, the album is right up there with our best. As much as we may have tried at some other times to achieve this, the chemistry, line-up or lack of total commitment from everyone might have been cause for it being impossible. Not now. Not this time.

I know that when you hear it you will agree.

Before we began the album, I said I was only interested in doing it if I produced and we followed set ground rules; Total commitment by everyone, pure guitar driven KISS, no outside writers, no outside players and my opinion and say would always be final.

All said yes and I know we'd all say we've never had more fun together.

All four of us made this our priority. Everyone was involved everyday. From the first day of writing to the last day of recording everyone was there giving 100% to making this the album we knew we had in us. I've never seen Gene more selfless (yes...Gene!), focused or harder working. His bass playing, songs and overall contribution help to make this the album you've wanted for so long. Without his spirit, this wouldn't have been possible.

As far as Tommy's guitar playing, he took this chance at bat to consistently hit it out of the park. His playing is fiery and rooted firmly in our history, while making his own mark. Tommy's singing, writing contributions and total involvement made clear what's been missing for so long.

In the twenty years I've known Eric, I've never seen him this relaxed or creative. His playing is the foundation of our next step forward. Relentless and full of spit and swagger. Many lead singers don't have Eric's chops or range. He's singing great on his track and all over the album.

Wait till you hear what we've got for you.

Do I sound proud of everyone and what we've done together? I am, and I should be.

Eleven songs. Eleven winners.

This IS KISS. Classic KISS.

It's been a long time coming.

PAUL

MESSAGE FROM GENE

BEST KISS ALBUM IN 30 YEARS!

Our new album (title of which you'll just have to wait a bit longer for) is just a few steps from being completely done. We're planning on re-visiting one of the eleven songs, to make sure it's gotten everything it deserves. Maybe re-arranging it one last time. Then, time to mix.

The entire writing and recording process of the album harkened back to an earlier, more innocent time. A time that produced albums such as ROCK AND ROLL OVER and LOVE GUN. And, the new songs have that feeling, I have to say.

It all started with a point of view Paul had. The view had to do with ignoring the times, ignoring the critics, not over thinking who and what we are...and that we had nothing to prove to anyone....nothing. We have been releasing albums and touring for 35 years and why wouldn't we want to do an "honest" record. Just do it!!! And, he wanted to produce the album himself!!!

While it's true in the past we had produced KISS records together. And we had both produced other acts outside of KISS. But here was Paul saying he wanted to shoulder the responsibility and burden of steering the good ship KISS on his own.

He was serious. And, I saw it was real. I saw the commitment he was going to make to the album and the band... and I agreed. We all trusted each other and saw the same vision of the band...and perhaps democracy is overrated...and sooner or later, someone had to decide.

And I will tell you here and now, he's done a great job.

The process of writing songs involved both writing separately, but often, in hotel rooms and rehearsal halls, literally starting from scratch and throwing riffs and chords at each other. Then working on melody and lyric...starting alone, then bringing it into the rehearsal halls and even during recording, we would often critique the lyrics all the way down to the last minute.

Tommy really stepped up in the songwriting area....co-wrote some songs with us and actually sings his first song on a KISS album.

Eric, likewise was always encouraging and of course, provided his always dependable bombastic drumming style. But unlike other drummers, Eric is also a great singer. Wait until you hear him tear it up on his lead vocal.

What else, you ask?

Well, Paul and I trade vocals on a few tunes and had a lot to say about each other's songs...

Result? Maybe the best record we've done in 30 years.

Bold statement? You bet.

Wait till you hear it.

GENE

MESSAGE FROM TOMMY

YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT!

Well the brand new KISS studio album is almost ready to go - actually more like ready to EXPLODE! We finished recording last week, with the exception of one tune that needs an hour or so more --- I have to tell you it KICKS!

Paul has done a fantastic job keeping everyone in line and the direction clear. As you might have heard, all the tunes were written within the band and recorded analog -- which means hot, heavy and rockin' in the classic sense!

We definitely didn't over-think it.

From the beginning stages of writing, rehearsing and arranging the tunes, to putting the trax down on tape, we went with our GUT... kept it raw and real. We didn't go more than two or three takes when we recorded the basic tracks, which by-the-way, we recorded with all four of us together -- which is a rare (or non-existent) occurrence with bands in this modern digital age. We had a laugh when we were tracking the 11th and very last tune and Eric said, we have to get this in two or three takes like all the others or it ain't no good!

The true test for how new tunes hold up is when you play them live. As everybody probably knows, we haven't played any of these brand-new songs in concert, but we did run a few of them at our sound check in Milwaukee last week. Yep, you guessed right... They SCORCHED! Our tour crew guys were like, HOLY S**T, what was that?!!

It's been a gas doing this record with Paul, Eric and Gene -- truly a collaborative effort! I told the guys the other day that in my humble opinion, this is by far the most cohesive sounding record KISS has made in a long, long time -- meaning that ALL the tunes are great, the sound kicks my ass, and it all fits together perfectly as an album.

IT DON'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT!

Can't wait for you to hear it... You're gonna LOVE it!

TOMMY

MESSAGE FROM ERIC

NO BALLADS, NO SLOW SONGS, NO FILLERS!

You Wanted The Best ?

Well the wait is almost over...

I have been hearing KISS fans say for a longtime that "All's we want is NEW KISS music" ... Well, sometimes wishes do come true !

Last December Paul called me up saying he wanted to make a new KISS record. He seemed very keen and was very specific about the approach to our latest endeavors.

He basically said he wanted us to make a KISS record and music in the purest sense. Meaning No outside writers, the BAND plays on everything, and we use vintage equipment.

Guess what ?

The end result is everything I could have hoped for.

I have to say this has been the most fun and pleasure making a record I have ever been involved in. The chemistry and overall vibe really made for such a great atmosphere and the playing, sounds and songs just really capture what KISS is all about. Classic Rock & Roll.

As we were working up song ideas everyone was very in tune and conscious of our goals at all times. Gene and Paul would retrace their steps from the past and focused on paying tribute to their roots of the early styles of Classic KISS by paying close attention to the way they sang and the sounds of the instruments.

The camaraderie between everyone and especially Gene and Paul really made it easy for all to bring the best out of each other.

Paul took the reigns and headed up the project like the leader that he has been for over 35 years but, this time with a renewed, inspired and very patient style (he is a great dad after all). He really knew what he wanted from each of us individually and collectively.

We did the 11 new songs in small batches by getting into a rehearsal studio first to work up ideas. We then would move to the recording studio. The recordings would entail all of us playing "live" together in the room. As we captured each performance we would then add extra guitar parts and usually put a guide vocal on the track so we could live with it for a few days and make sure the tempos and vibe was right.

By the way we used NO click tracks on this record I am proud to say. We really went for capturing the live feel and essence of each song. And, Paul, Gene, Tommy and myself are the only musicians playing these songs. A true band effort and performance !

As for the songs ?

Well, no ballads, no slow songs, no filler...

The band really has come full circle.

Just pure straight ahead Rock and Roll that has all the elements that made you love KISS from day one.

Everyone sings lead on a song (Tommy and myself) and even trade off vocal lines and parts throughout the record.

Believe me the wait IS over and well worth it !

I hope you all enjoy listening to it as much as we did making it...

More as it happens !

ERIC

Quelle: www.kissonline.com
Here we are.
Born to be kings.
We're the princes of the universe!

A.Q.F.C.V. - Austrian Queen Fan Club Vienna
www.austrianqueenfanclubvienna.at
queenrocks
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven
Beitrag von queenrocks »

Nach langer Zeit gibt es nun neues Material von den US-Hardrockern KISS. Das Album heißt "Sonic Boom" und ist ab 06.Oktober am Markt – zunächst allerdings nur bei der Warenhauskette Wal-Mart. Das dort erhältliche Package enthält eine bislang nur in Japan erschienene CD und eine Live-DVD.

Video:
http://www.krone.at/krone/S52/kmprog/index.html

Quelle: Kronen Zeitung
Here we are.
Born to be kings.

JohnBoy
Innuendo
Innuendo

Beitrag von JohnBoy »

Die neue Platte ist ja nun bereits hier zu haben...ich hab mir das mal angehört, aber nicht gekauft. Gut, ne Best Of CD und die DVD als Bonus sind drauf, zur DVD gibt es aber kein Booklet, nur der Hinweis - Live in Buenos Aires, also keine Ahnung was und wieviel da drauf ist.

Die Songs kamen für mich ziemlich langweilig rüber, zwar guter Rock aber auch nicht mehr, kein Ohrwurm oder was besonderes dabei für mein Geschmack.

@runner: Du hast die Platte bestimmt schon, oder?! :)
Give Me Your Mind- Baby Give Me Your Body; Give Me Some Time- Baby Let's Have A Party
runner70
Live At The Bowl
Live At The Bowl

Beitrag von runner70 »

JohnBoy hat geschrieben: @runner: Du hast die Platte bestimmt schon, oder?! :)
Yup - verdammt grossartig Die DVD ist nur zu kurz (7 Songs glaub ich - aber von dem Gig hab ich eh das ganze Konzert auf DVD).
Die beste Kiss seit 1992! Yeah
All that crap again???? (Freddie Mercury)
JohnBoy
Innuendo
Innuendo

Beitrag von JohnBoy »

KISS kommen wieder auf Tour 2010!!!!
Ich muss meinen Eintrag vom 12.10. etwas revidieren. Sonic Boom ist nach einer gewissen Einhörzeit :) - nun einer meiner Lieblinge im CD Player!! :twisted:

Ich bin wahrscheinlich in Zürich am Start am 16.05.2010 - ist am nähesten zu Stuttgart...Sonst sind aller D Konzerte leider etwas zu sehr im Norden:

Hamburg 31.05.2010
Leipzip 27.05.2010
Berlin 26.05.2010
Oberhausen 01.06.2010

edit: Leipzig wurde auf den 25.05. vorverlegt!
Give Me Your Mind- Baby Give Me Your Body; Give Me Some Time- Baby Let's Have A Party
QueenFan
Sheer Heart Attack
Sheer Heart Attack

Beitrag von QueenFan »

Hallo,

schade, Kiss ist nicht so mein Fall

Liebe Grüsse

Bernd
runner70
Live At The Bowl
Live At The Bowl

Beitrag von runner70 »

Prag und Leipzig bislang. Und zu ROck im Park kommen sie ja (leider ) auch - muss ich wohl auch noch hin! :twisted: :twisted:
queenrocks
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven
Beitrag von queenrocks »

KISS sind morgen bei „Wetten, dass …?“ in Erfurt.
Geplant ist ein 3 Song-Medley bestehend aus „I Was Made For Loving You“, der aktuellen Single „Modern Day Delilah“ und ? (sicher ein Gene Song und wahrscheinlich „Rock´n´Roll All Night“).

Wetten, dass KISS morgen eine sensationelle Performance abliefern!
Here we are.
Born to be kings.

runner70
Live At The Bowl
Live At The Bowl

Beitrag von runner70 »

Endlich mal wieder ein Grund Wetten Dass zu gucken!
The Spick
Live At Wembley
Live At Wembley
Beitrag von The Spick »

Tja, böse Zungen (Hallo Gene ;-)) könnten die Zeichen so deuten, daß es nicht mehr so läuft bei KISS:
Die sind von Erfurt zu einer Pressekonferenz in Frankfurt mit einem Zug der DB gefahren, und zurück auch wieder. Keine Strechtlimos oder Helis...

...und nächsten Dienstag in London ein Konzert vor "nur" 800 Zuschauern...

...na gut, in die Islington Acadamey passen beim besten Willen nicht mehr rein. 8)

Say YEAAAHH

HRH Spick I. :smt029
runner70
Live At The Bowl
Live At The Bowl

Beitrag von runner70 »

The Spick hat geschrieben:Tja, böse Zungen (Hallo Gene ;-)) könnten die Zeichen so deuten, daß es nicht mehr so läuft bei KISS:
Die sind von Erfurt zu einer Pressekonferenz in Frankfurt mit einem Zug der DB gefahren, und zurück auch wieder. Keine Strechtlimos oder Helis...

...und nächsten Dienstag in London ein Konzert vor "nur" 800 Zuschauern...

...na gut, in die Islington Acadamey passen beim besten Willen nicht mehr rein. 8)

Say YEAAAHH

HRH Spick I. :smt029
JEdenfalls ne coole Aktion!!! Kiss liegen aber mit 11 Mio verdienter Dollar lt Billboard ganz gut im Rennen (ist ja erst 2 Moante alt das Jährchen). Also warme Mahlzeiten sollten gesichert sein ;-)
Dr_May

Beitrag von Dr_May »

Kiss kommen mit dem Zug

Frankfurt/Main (dpa) ­ Von wegen Privatjet oder Stretch-Limousine ­ die Hardrock-Superstars von Kiss reisten am Freitag von Frankfurt aus in einem regulären Zug der Deutschen Bahn zu ihrem Auftritt in der ZDF-Show «Wetten, dass..?» nach Erfurt.
Anzeige

Wir haben ein Abteil direkt hinter dem Lokführer reserviert», berichtete Konzert-Veranstalter Ossy Hoppe am Rande einer Pressekonferenz in Frankfurt. Die US-amerikanischen Musiklegenden seien sehr unkompliziert: «Es gab keine Extrawünsche.» Die Wahl des Verkehrsmittels habe logistische Gründe: «Auf der Autobahn würden wir am Freitagmittag bestimmt vier Stunden brauchen, mit dem Zug sind wir in gut zwei Stunden da.»

Kiss-Gitarrist und -Sänger Paul Stanley (58) sagte dazu: «Da sehen wir auch mal ein bisschen was von der Landschaft.» Als er auf die Zugfahrt angesprochen worden war, hatte er zunächst gescherzt: «Wir haben vorher den Zug gekauft.» Kiss werden am Samstag erstmals seit zehn Jahren wieder im deutschen TV auftreten. «Wir freuen uns, bei Tommys Show dabei zu sein», sagte Sänger Gene Simmons (60). Alle Kiss-Mitglieder bestätigten, dass sie hin und wieder gerne wetten.
http://www.zeit.de/newsticker/2010/2/26 ... 4040238xml

Und da sage ich als Bahnfahrer: Da sieht man mal wieder wie bequem Bahnfahren ist!
Follow that dream

02.10.2008 Mannheim * 04.10.2008 Hannover *07.10.2008 Rotterdam * 08.10.2008 Esch-sur-Alzette * 18.10.2008 Liverpool * 07.11.2008 o2 * 08.11.2008 Wembley
JohnBoy
Innuendo
Innuendo

Beitrag von JohnBoy »

Kohle werden die schon haben :) - alleine an Merchandising verdinen die doch mehr wie mit der Musik.
Einst stimmt alledings - die Tour ist ja noch lange nicht ausverkauft.
runner70
Live At The Bowl
Live At The Bowl

Beitrag von runner70 »

JohnBoy hat geschrieben:Kohle werden die schon haben :) - alleine an Merchandising verdinen die doch mehr wie mit der Musik.
Einst stimmt alledings - die Tour ist ja noch lange nicht ausverkauft.
Aber trotzdem schon gut gefüllt
Dr_May

Beitrag von Dr_May »

Also I was made for loving you" fand ich stimmlich ziemlich schwach...und die Playback-Nr. zu "God gave Rock n Rock to you" .ziemlich peinlich.
Follow that dream

02.10.2008 Mannheim * 04.10.2008 Hannover *07.10.2008 Rotterdam * 08.10.2008 Esch-sur-Alzette * 18.10.2008 Liverpool * 07.11.2008 o2 * 08.11.2008 Wembley
Antworten
Cookies erleichtern die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklärst Du Dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden. Wir gehen verantwortlungsvoll mit Deinen Daten um.